Thursday, January 21, 2016

Lazy People

So today I was being trained on an optical inspection machine, not a comparator, this machine can be programmed. There is actually a "lazy" feature, which brought me back to some conversations I have had.  I have had a few people engage me over how lazy people actually make things easier and better through better processes. I have had to give this some thought because on the surface the logic "seems flawless".  The lazy feature in this inspection machine actually is like a quick start, so in that it really does streamline a process. Then it hits me, typically the people who engage me in this argument are lazy. Sadly I have had the misfortune of working with some of them and some are family. I have witnessed their "streamlining process" and that is where the logic falls apart. Unlike the lazy feature in the optical inspection machine, which streamlines the process of using the device, lazy people streamline their process by putting their work off on others. It is just that simple. Just because you streamline your personal process does not equate to benefitting the rest of the team. By off loading work load on others you do not increase efficiency, you show your deficiency. My opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment